The project manager supervises the complete life cycle of a project—from receiving the manuscript and paperwork for a project, analyzing incoming material, sending them in a workable format to supporting teams, monitoring various stages of production. The project manager ensures the end product is delivered in a timely manner, within the allotted budget, and with expected quality standards.
- Engage with the publisher, authors and supporting teams on a day-to-day basis.
- Plan and prioritize projects according to the deadlines.
- Follow up on the progress of the projects, and ensure overall co-ordination of the work between various teams and departments.
- Bridging the gap between the publisher and the production teams.
- Analyzing the new projects received, understanding the clients requirements.
- Keep the project on track as per clients SLA for all interim deliveries and meet final due dates.
- Deliver final goods on time and within the budget.
- Anticipate problems and escalate issues to key stakeholders and resolve issues and keep projects on course.
- Send reports at regular intervals and respond to customer feedback with in the stipulated time.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Under Graduate or Post Graduate degree in any field.
- Two years in a similar role and industry would be an added advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Able to multitask and willing to dig into details and analyze problems.
- Experience in MS office suite is essential.